Interesting Facts About Cult of the Lamb
Play Cult of the Lamb on PS4 & LinuxDownload Now
Cult of the Lamb was developed by indie developer Massive Monster and published by Devolver Digital. It was released on August 11, 2022 for Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. The game follows a possessed lamb who is saved from death by a god-like stranger named "The One Who Waits", and must repay their debt by creating a loyal following in its name.
- Cult of the Lamb was a finalist for the "Excellence in Audio" award at the Independent Games Festival.
- The game was nominated for "Best Debut" at the Game Developers Choice Awards.
- It won the "Best Action-Adventure Game" at the Game Critics Awards.
- The game was nominated for "Best Indie Game" at the Game Awards.
- It has been praised for its unique gameplay, dark humor, and atmospheric visuals.
- The game won the "Best Roguelike Game" award at The Game Awards 2022.
- Cult of the Lamb was nominated for "Game of the Year" at The Game Awards 2022.
- It was inspired by the work of H. P. Lovecraft and Edvard Munch.
- The game's art style is inspired by Munch's painting "The Scream".
- It was a commercial success, selling over 1 million copies in its first week of release.
- The game was a commercial success, selling over 1 million copies in its first week of release.
- Cult of the Lamb has been praised for its unique gameplay, dark and atmospheric setting, and its use of religious iconography.
- The game has been compared to games such as Dark Souls and Bloodborne, due to its difficulty and dark themes.
- Cult of the Lamb has been praised for its original soundtrack, composed by Rich Vreeland (a.k.a. Disasterpeace).
- The game's lead designer, Mike Thomas, has said that the game was heavily inspired by the works of horror author H.P. Lovecraft.